Friday, July 13, 2012

Getting Acquainted with Mr. Grey

I've been hearing about this book for quite a while now. It seems a lot of people are hooked. I've seen local female celebrities tweeting about it, FB friends updating their status to married to Mr. Christian Grey. The hype is almost comparable to the hype for Edward Cullen of the Twilight Saga. This piqued my curiosity.

I've read the Twilight Saga and even though I found some irritating grammatical errors, I still found the  story itself interesting. Somehow, with all this talk, I thought maybe it's the same with this book.

I've decided to hunt for the book. 3 days ago, I was able to purchase the ebook copy for the trilogy and started reading it immediately. It was not a difficult read. I actually finished Book 1 yesterday. I still don't know how I feel about the book or the story in it's entirety. Just like Anastasia Steele, I'm confused and a bit disoriented.

To me, Fifty Shades of Grey is erotica that's so vivid I can't help but think it has happened in real life. It's a bit disturbing, really. I can't even begin to rationalize how one person can be in love with someone who have expressed his intentions of physically hurting me. I know Christian Grey is pictured as a super sexy man; (To be honest, I'm actually wondering who would play him if this book was turned into a movie.) But still, being beaten up is not something I'd ever find pleasurable.

In the middle of reading the book, and too much sex prose, I wanted to stop and just continue reading Salt Dancers. Yes, I'm a little bothered when reading descriptive sexual acts. Why? Because, I'm single and it reminds me that I'm not getting any. Nuff said. Hahaha... Anyway, it's a good thing that I've decided to read until the end of book 1. It gave me something to look forward to in book 2 (and 3). Oh... And no, I'm not going to summarize the book for you. If you are curious, then read it.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment